Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Happy baby boy







Hi. Jackson is still doing good. His respiratory rate is still pretty fast. We talked to the nurse practitioner today and she said we can not start to try to teach him to eat until his breathing slows down. They do not expect his breathing to slow down for a while. Because so much of his diaphragm is a patch he has to breathe fast. Everyone is very pleased with him and excited that he has been able to stay extubated. All of this means we are looking at a longer time in the hospital then we thought. Other then this he is doing very good. I think he is adjusting to being extubated. His heart rate was slower today then it has been in the past couple of days, and he was the happiest he has been since extubation today. There has been some discussion of moving to level 2 (the less sick NICU), but that is still talk. I guess that's all for now. I am posting a lot of pictures, because he smiled so much today. He loves it when we kiss him, he laughs. He also likes it when I blow raspberries on his tummy. I can not get over how sweet he is.
Love
Kimberly and Adam

P.S. Mert had surgery and is recovering well, please keep this family in your prayers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in love!! Jackson just keeps getting more and more adorable, I love to see his pictures. I don't think I've ever stopped to post in Jackson's blog but I read it everyday with all the other CDH babies. We hope he is able to start to try and eat soon.

Kristyn
Leah 8.11.05 R-CDH

8:30 PM  
Blogger Bttrfly1976 said...

I have been a 'lurker' on your blog for a little over a month now. I just wanted to tell you how very happy I am for you and little Jackson. He is such a beautiful boy! It astounds me how resilient children are. Can you imagine an adult going through all that your precious son has had to endure. God bless and Jackson will remain in my prayers.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home