Saturday, April 15, 2006

Quick update

Hello. Not much news today, we are back to no news is good news. They have stopped and restarted his feeds again. They stopped his feeds because he was refluxing. It looked much different then I expected. He was just laying there and then all of a sudden he spit up everywhere from his mouth and nose. They changed his feeding tube from one that went from his mouth to his stomach to one that goes from his nose to his small intestine. Now all of his food goes to him because he can not reflux from his small intestine. He is now getting 2 ml's of breast milk an hour via a milk drip. His oxygen saturation remains wonderful and his gases are amazing. They are talking about starting "trial offs" from his ventilator. Basically this is where they let the ventilator give him pressure support but not breaths. They start out just a couple hours a day and try longer and longer periods of time until he can tolerate it for 24 hours. I will update when we actually start these trial offs. He is adjusting to his phenobarbitol (seizure medication) and is awake and alert more and more every day. Well I guess that's all for now, please continue to pray for us, and all the CDH families out there.
Please say a special prayer for Baby Drew and his family, he really needs all the prayers he can get right now.
Love
Adam and Kimberly

2 Comments:

Blogger Catherine & Sofia said...

Kimberly,

I am so happy to hear how well Jackson is doing. You all are always in my thoughts and prayers. Not much longer for me, Sofia will be here this week! I am pretty nervous of course, but excited to meet her. I hope she is a fighter just like Jackson! Happy First Easter to Jackson and I hope that you and Adam have a very blessed Easter as well. Take care and God Bless.

Love, Catherine

10:26 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

I am so heartened to hear of Jackson's progress, keep it up baby boy! Please know that I think of Jackson and your family daily.

Love,

Jana
Mommy to Drew, LCDH 3/8/06-4/16/06

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home