Sunday, July 23, 2006

Getting close






Licking his bug


Hey everyone. There is really not much news. Jackson had an "episode" on Saturday morning where he dropped his saturations and his heart rate even dropped a little. His oxygen had come out of his nose and then he started crying and just didn't have the reserve to cry as hard as he did. Once he calmed down everything went back to normal in a short time. We are still planning on coming home soon. We are doing things that we have to do in order to go home. Adam and I do his feedings while we are there and bathe him. Adam learned how to put down and N-G tube (feeding tube) today. I did it on Saturday so we are both checked off on that. We are going to take infant CPR next week. He has to sit in his car seat everyday, we are trying to work up to 4 hours. He did a little over 2 hours today. Jackson still can not take food by mouth, the surgeons say they can not place the feeding tube directly into is stomach so we are going to keep the N-G tube. The doctors want to send us home by ambulance but insurance says they won't pay for it, so the doctor is going to write a special note on Monday. The doctors are going to check his airway on Monday just to make sure his episode on Saturday was not because his airway clamped down. He is getting really interactive. He makes sweet little noises, and loves to play with his toys. He loves to hit things. He also likes to lick everything. Please continue to pray for us, that Jackson continues to do good and can be discharged soon, and all other CDH families.
Love
Adam and Kimberly

P.S. The Disney shirt came from our friend Allyson (night nurse), she went to Disney World a couple of weeks ago and bought that outfit for Jackson.
















He was hitting this toy so much, Adam said it looked like he was playing tetherball.

4 Comments:

Blogger Catherine & Sofia said...

I am so happy to hear that you will be going home soon! I hope that the Doc's note helps and that the insurance will cover the ambulance ride home. Jackson is so adorable! I love the tub pic with his little legs up! We had the same tub for Sofia in the hospital! The little tubs they have in the NICU just weren't big enough for my big girl! You are all always in my prayers.

Love, Catherine

12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jackson is **so** adorable. I just love his smiles. Hopefully the insurance will come to their senses!! Jackson...you are an amazing little boy...and we're all wishing you home soon. What an awesome day that will be!!!

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm SO excited for y'all!!! I love the pics, he is SO way cute! Let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do for y'all in Dallas. Audrey can't wait to meet her CDH buddy!

Love,
Jenn

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kimberly,
I am so glad to hear Jackson is doing so well. I know you are anxious to get home. Let me know if there is anything i do when you get home. I am no longer a Charlton girl but i am here if ya need me. Take care and be careful driving home. Cant wait to see you guys. Love Kathy

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home