Saturday, August 05, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Hi everyone. Sorry it has been so long since we posted. We made it Monday without any issues. Jackson did great in the car seat. He only fussed a couple of times, and even took a nap. It took us so long to get to everything unloaded, and we still have not totally unpacked yet. It is truly amazing what you can acquire in 5 months living away from home. Jackson is doing so good. He is such a sweet baby. His breathing gets a little better everyday, he does not seem to be breathing as fast as he was, and even seems to be working less hard. He is getting really good at holding his head up and moving it around. He really likes to pull it back and then knock heads with whoever is holding him. He has pulled his feeding tube out twice so far, he hates having it put back in, but we do ok. We have had a pediatrician appointment and we really liked her. Getting Jackson to the doctor was an experience though. My car would not start so we had to take Adam's little 2 seater truck. We got all of us plus the oxygen and pulse ox in there, good thing it was a short trip. It is a full time job to take care of Jackson right now but it is such a blessing. We are really starting to get a system going and a routine, which is very helpful. I think we are probably ready for some visitors. We still would like you to call first, we don't want too many in one day. We also would still like to hold off visits if you or anyone in your house has had cold symptoms in the past 48 hours. If anyone at Texas Children's read this tell everyone we said hi we miss all of our new friends. I will post new pics of Jackson soon, I have some really cute pics, I have not had time to download them onto this computer yet. I guess that is all for now. Thanks for reading.
Love
Kimberly Adam and Jackson.
P.S. Jackson and the dogs love each other they get along great.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you guys so much!!!! Each time I pass his old room in "D pod", I am so sad that Jackson is not here! I am so happy for y'all though, you deserve to be home with that sweet baby...take care and tell Jackson all of his "girlfriends" at TCH miss him....Allyson
PS I gave report to Jackie this AM and we were talking about y'all and how much we miss y'all!!! Take Care and give Jackson kisses....

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss y'all so much...each time I pass Jackson's old room in "D pod", I get sad that Jackson is not here....Y'all deserve to be home with that sweet baby, though! I am glad to hear all is going well...tell Jackson that all of his "girlfriends" at TCH miss him! take care and keep us updated....hurry with the pictures, I'm missing those beautiful smiley faces! Allyson (one of Jackson's favorite night nurses!)

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have followed Jackson's story from the beginning and am just so excited for you guys. My daughter Kylie was in the hospital for 5 months as well. I just think you all were so positive through the whole hospitalization. Take care and know we continue to think of Jackson and the whole family.
Lots of love-
Dudley family

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Following from PA. it sure was a wonderful to know you are home. It is a so nice of you to share. I am you Mother's cousin one of the McDonald gang and by the way 39 years working the local Peds at York Hospital.
KAREN FROMPA

12:47 PM  
Blogger Robbyn said...

Your gorgeous Jackson will be in my prayers. I am originally from Houston now living in the upper peninsula of Michigan. I know what miracles can happen at Texas Children's Hospital. Best wishes. Take care.

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy everything is going so good, I miss ya'll so much. His room is still empty which seems to make it harder for me. Give Jackson lots of hugs and kisses for me. Jackie

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that Jackson is home safe with his mommy and daddy!! Fabulous news. I will keep you all in my prayers, and hope that things get even better for you all.

Luv & Hugs
Amanda

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home