Saturday, August 12, 2006

Oscar speech

I feel like I am trying to write a speech for wining an award when I think of all the people I need to thank for everything they have done for us. Adam, Jackson, and I would not be where we are without a great deal of help. I am just going to make a list.

Dr Daum and Dr Connors in Dallas for making the diagnosis
Sherri for helping me find Texas Children's
Everyone at work for being so understanding about my long absence and covering my shifts.
Jennifer and Heath for EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Butch for keeping up with the yard, fence etc. While we were gone.
Kelly for staying at our empty house.
The amazing scrapbook: Elizabeth, Stacy, Mandi, Donna, Susan, Nakia, and Lori (I still cry when I look at it)
Everyone at Texas Children's
Bella, Dr Olutoye, Dr Cass and anyone else in this group who saw Jackson.
Dr. Weisman, Dr. Adcock, Dr. Johnson, Dr. Adams, Dr. Kahn, Dr. Lawrence, Dr. Horst, Dr. Speer, Dr. Lam, Dr. Soderberg, Holly Boyd NNP, Elizabeth NNP, I know there were probably a million other doctors these are the ones we had the most contact with. I don't even know any of neurologist, pulmonologist, or urologist names. Thank you to all the amazing doctors who took care of Jackson.
Nurses: Jackie :), Allyson :), Kristy:), Melanie:), Della, Beena, Eudora, Elizabeth, Emily, Estrella, Nancy, Cheryl, Lori, Belinda, Kirsten, Stephanie, Inger, Lolita, Morgan, Lisa, Michelle, Carrie, Leah. I know there are tons more we loved all of our nurses and thank you all, please know if you helped take care of Jackson we truly appreciate it.
Rosalind, we miss you. We would have starved in Houston without you.
Perfusionist: Ted, Jim, Jim, Dwight, Terry, David, Pertima, Ed, Bruce, Tiffany
Ann. We know ECMO (and God) saved his life, a special thanks to all of you.
My Parents, we would not have made it home without you guys, and we would still be running around like unorganized chickens with our heads cut off without my mom, and nothing would be unpacked.
Sheila, Adam's mom, there are not words to express how thankful we are, I have no idea what would have happened if we had not had her in our lives. She is an amazing, and generous person. We are forever thankful.
All other family members, we truly needed everyone's support.
All the other CDH families we have met. The support we have gotten from everyone has been amazing, it is so great to get to talk to others who have been through the same thing. Thank you all, I think about you all and pray for everyday.

Lastly, like all Oscar speeches we have to thank God. We know without him none of this would have been possible. I have always believed in miracles and Jackson just proves that they do happen. I know all babies are miracles, I just feel twice blessed. I thank God countless times everyday.

I know there are people I probably left off, and it is not because I am not thankful. So many people helped us in so many ways there is no way to thank them all. Please know I am thankful for each and every person that has helped us along this amazing journey.

Love
Kimberly and Adam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home