Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I almost had a nervous break down today.


Hi everyone. Things are going really good, Jackson continues to thrive at home. We had our first pulmonologist appointment this morning. When we got there we went straight to x-ray for chest x-rays. When we were done with that we met the doctor. I really liked him. He was at Texas Children's until recently, and really seems to know a lot about CDH and pulmonary hypertension. He checked Jackson out and said he was doing really good for as sick as he had been. He asked if we had had any recent x-rays and we told him we had just had one, he was then able to pull up the films on the screen in the room. When he saw the x-ray I could see in his face he was not happy. He asked how this x-ray compared to others, I said it looked more hazy. The he said, "I think he has reherniated again". I almost lost it, hence the title of this entry. He got some numbers from us of people that had taken care of Jackson at Texas Children's. He was able to talk to Dr. Olutoye and they compared today's films with older films and decided to make a long story short, he had not reherniated. So I was able to bypass the nervous breakdown. He decided Jackson could probably come off of his Lasix so we are going to cut his dose in half and see how he does if he does ok we will discontinue it, then we can also discontinue the sodium and potassium too. That's about all for the pulmonologist appointment, I really do like him.
Jackson is still trying to learn to eat. We try to give applesauce everyday and he just screams. The therapist says he is doing good, because he moves it around in his mouth and swallows it, he just screams in between. He is doing good with other developmental things as well. I put him on his tummy on the boppy today and he pushed himself almost all the way off of it with his legs, it was like he was trying to crawl, I was so excited. He has also started blowing raspberries. He sticks out his little tongue and blows, basically he can;t make the noise very often just bubbles. I keep trying to get a picture, but always miss. As soon as I get one I will post it. He has also discovered his toes. He loves his toe, especially the one with the pulse ox monitor on it. My mom calls it his Rudolph toe. He also tries to eat his toes, it is so cute. I guess that's all as far as Jackson goes.
Adam and I are doing really good and adjusting to life at home with baby. Sometimes everything we have just been though hits me and just start bawling. But other then that we are great. I started back to work about a week ago and that is going really well. Adam and Jackson have fun together while I am away. My mom leaves on Saturday, it has been such a blessing to have her here.
Just for laughs
We had only been home a short time when I decided we needed a bigger car (I drive a bug). My mom and I went to look at cars. We had only been at the dealership for a few minutes when my cell phone rang, it was Adam Jackson had pulled out his NG tube. It was still an hour or so until another feed was due so my mom and I kept looking, and even decided to test drive a car. Adam then called and said he could not get the tube in and ask me to come home. His feed was no running a little late, and it was a 30 minute drive back to the house. On the way home my mom and I decided we should probably get some lubricant to make it easier. I was in a big hurry and did not want to stop, but agreed, it probably would be easier. So we stopped at Target. I literally RAN in straight to the pharmacy and found a large tube of KY Jelly "personal lubricant" then ran to the checkout. The checkout was very close to the pharmacy so the young man that checked me out had seen me run in. I ran up to the check out handed over the lube, and got the weirdest look ever!!!! This poor kid, lord only knows what he was thinking. I died laughing the rest of the way home. That guy probably told all his friends some crazy lady was in a huge hurry to buy a lot of lube.
that's all for now
Sorry about the long post.
Love
Kimberly and Adam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home